Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pull up a chair

Ok today I am going to tackle yet another useless task of wedding planning.

Seating arrangements...Seriously? Why should I be able to tell you whom you can/cannot sit with?
We aren't even having a sit down dinner for fucks sake! People will only be in their chairs during the introductions, and toasts. Then I am sure they will meander around until they are intoxicated enough to dance in front of their family and peers.

I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I tell you it took me 8 and a half hours to finish mine!
It's not like I have a 300+ person guest list. Our final count is 151....
But none the less, I couldn't' get it straight.

Every time I configured, erased, and re-configured it, it just wouldn't add up.

How did I finish you ask? I completely neglected any ones opinion but my own. Why should I need to remember why Aunt Pat isn't talking to Cousin Lee? Really, who cares...if you're attending this wedding than you care about Kevin and I....So you would want to spare us the added stress by not caring who you sit with right?
WRONG...people had the balls to call me, text me, email me, and GASP, even write a little note on their response card to remind me of who they WOULD NOT sit near.

You know what I did...purposely sat them with those people. Maybe they will take that as a hint...
Or maybe they will be so royally pissed off that they will leave, after leaving a card full of money in the basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment