Tuesday, August 18, 2009

T minus 2 minutes to meltdown...


My bachelorette party was Saturday.
The day started with two of my friends, Jamie and Erin spending the day on the beach with my sister Justine and I.
We had a cooler full of twisted teas, tanning oil, and sunshine... Besides the fact that my ex-husband was about 100 feet from us, the day was off to a fantastic start.
I don't remember who asked but at some point someone brought up the absence of my Maid of Honor...Kim.
I told them that she couldn't be with us during the day because she was having an inspection sticker put on her car but would meet up with us when we got back.
A conversation then started about Kim and her negativity as of late. My sister was the one to strike up the conversation. I aired some concerns about how uninterested in everything Kim was.
My bridal shower was a mess....weeks before the shower Kim and my mother got into an argument and dragged me in. I don't remember what it was about and I didn't care...I still don't care.
The shower was supposed to be the one aspect of the wedding that did not concern me and I didn't have to stress out about. Yet as the day loomed the only thought that was in my head was that I wanted to bail on the whole thing and not show up.
As soon as the presents were unwrapped and the cake cut...Kim and Justine took off...
They claimed that they needed to have the catering equipment back to the restaurant...but I later found out they were at a bar drinking.
I never spoke up. I never told either of them how awful it was for them to rush out on me like that, and how disappointed in the whole shower I was.
Everything was last minute. But I needed to remind myself that not everyone had the same attention to detail that I did and I couldn't take that out on them.
I'm getting off track.
Back to Saturday....After the beach the rest of the girls met at my apartment before heading into Boston for dinner, and dancing.
We had a room reserved at the Copley Marriot but when we got there , there was an issue with the cost of the reservation. It should have been 74$ but for some reason it was 150$.
Kim flatly REFUSED to give anymore money towards the room, so I was forced to call another girl in our party and ask if we could get ready there.
Being the Bad Ass Bitch she is...she readily agreed...
The entire night Kim was miserable...I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me what her problem was. I didn't know. A few girls from work that don't know Kim suggested that she was jealous of me...I don't see how that's possible.
...OK the point of my rant...
Yesterday I got a text message from Kim telling me that she was not going to be in the wedding and that she wanted nothing to do with me or my sister.
Apparently my sister Justine decided to call Kim and tell her that I was talking about her on Saturday ...FALSE.
And now two weeks before my nuptuals I want to crawl under a rock and hide.
Ok I lied...what I actually want to do is to tell my so called friend that in the entire 8 years of our friendship I have never once lied to her, or spoken ill of her behind her back. In the span of a year that Justine and Kim have gotten close, Justine has lied, cheated, and most recently stolen money from Kim.
I am a firm believer in track records preceding themselves.
So now I sit here blogging about my disintegrated friendship, because that is exactly what it is.
I have put up with negativity and been pushed around by Kim for long enough. If she in fact decides that she no longer wants to be a part of my wedding, she will also be making the decision to no longer be part of my life.
I hope she's prepared for the immense loss of my friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment